Saturday 31 December 2011

This Week's Market Shop Jan 1 2012

I thought I'd start each week with the list of foods I bought at the markets...like a kind of shopping list for next week if you would like to try the recipes I post this week... so here is what I got for our family at the markets this week....
Fruit
6 punnets of strawberries @ $1 a punnet!!!
1kg cherries
2 punnets blueberries
1.5kg apricots
1 bag of oranges
2 bags of lemons
The Fruit that wants to be a vegetable
2 x bags of avocados
2 kgs of tomtoms…. 1kg roma… 1kg black Russians
Continental cucumber
Vegetables
500g Green beans
3 bunches of carrots
2 bunches beetroots
2 bunches of spring onions
Judith’s potted herbs – basil, coriander, dill, mint, parsley and chives
Mixed lettuce, rocket, spinach and stir -fry veg… big bags of …all from Judith
Dairy
All from Paris Creek…
6 x 2L milk… would you believe we go through this amount in a week!
3 x 200g pats of butter
2 x 200g of fetta

Oh and a loaf of pan de casa from Flour Power….

I also had at home...apples, yoghurt, cabbage, leeks, celery, onions, garlic, cabbage, radishes, iceberg lettuce and loads of different chilli jams and 8 different types of mustards!!

We also have peaches and plums from our trees and about 6 eggs a day from our chooks...

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This list makes me wish I was closer to a real market :)

    ReplyDelete